This week (Vayakhel- Pikudei) when doing Sh'nayim Mikra v'echod Targum,
you have to make sure you do this, otherwise you will not be yotzei (Sh'nayim Mikra--).???
PART 1 Hakdama to the answer re Shnayim Mikroh
Next week (Parshas Vayikrah) many children will come home from school or cheider with
a “teitch (translation) sheet on Parshas Hashavua. Some sheets will have the incorrect
translation of Vayikra – And he called. The correct translation is He called. (no and)
A vav at the beginning of a word can serve as three functions
1) Vav hachibur ,connecting to the previous word or sentence (and)
2 ) Vav hamehapech , reverse future to past or past to future.
3) Vav hachibur + hamehapech , both functions.( 1+2)
1) Moshe V’aharon _ Moshe and Aharon
2) Yikrah = he will call (future) – Vayikrah = he called (past)
2) Osoh = he made (past) _ Veosoh = he shall make (future)
3) Yomar = he will say(future) -- Vayomar = a) he said (past) – b) and he said (past+ and)
Vyikrah is a new Parsha and Chumash. The vav can’t be a chibur it has no connection
to the previous Parsha. The vav can act only as a mehapech.
In this week’s Parsha (Vayakhel) one of the gedolei olam made a mistake with the
Vav of Veosoh Betzalel. (Shmos 36 – 1)